Azerbaijan Banks Association (ABA) organized an event - FINTEX SUMMIT ONLINE - EXHIBITION OF FINANCE AND TECHNOLOGIES on January 28-29, 2021. For the first time in Azerbaijan, the summit was organized on special platform with virtual stands, networking features.
During the two days, about 5,000 people actively visited the Summit platform. The event platform was visited by visitors from 45 countries and 104 cities around the world.
About 60 speakers of various international and local companies spoke at the Summit, shared their experiences with the participants and discussed topics and panels. Each of the speeches on 9 panels at the summit was met with interest by the speaker and participants, with special emphasis on the relevance of the current period.
In her opening remarks, Christina Doros, VISA Vice President and Head of Solutions for the CIS and Southeast Europe, opened the summit.
Then, First Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan Alim Guliyev, Secretary General of the Turkish Banks Association Ekrem Keskin, Executive Director of the Center for Economic Reforms Analysis and Communication Vusal Gasimli, President of the Azerbaijan Banks Association Zakir Nuriyev spoke.
The summit will consist of 9 panels: “FINTECH: THE AGE OF PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATION”, “RISKS”, “PAYMENT ECOSYSTEM: CHANGING BEHAVIORS” “BLOCKCHAIN IN FINANCIAL SERVICES”, “HUMAN-CENTRIC FİNTECH", “CYBERSECURITY MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER “URBAN MOBİLİTY", “REGULATORY FRAMEWORK: TURNING TO TECHNOLOGY”, “CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: EVER CHANGING WORLD OF BANKING AND FINTECHS”.
The videos of the Summit:
First day - January 28:
Second day - January 29:
Speeches and presentations:
- Alim Guliyev - The Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Ekrem Keskin - Turkish Banks Association
- Vusal Gasimli - Center for Analysis of Economic Reforms and Communication
FINTECH: THE AGE OF PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATION.
- UPT cooperation with the banks: WSBI Fair Value Remittance
- How to develop a successful strategy for a FinTech ecosystem? Bringing together the national ambitions and the market participants needs
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in bank processes
- End to end digital banks: the required ecosystem and challenges
- The role of financial technologies in the development of global cooperation and trade
- Managing a new financial risk: Climate Risk
- Balancing Costs and Security: Major Global Trends in Personal Data Protection
- Increase in global risk and importance of early warning systems in banking management
- Forward Looking Aspect of Stress Testing
PAYMENT ECOSYSTEM: CHANGING BEHAVIORS.
- The Next Normal
- Interfaces as a focal point for the retail payment industry
- Digital platform for the bank-ecosystem of the 21st century
- E-Invoicing&B2B payments service as a part of banking ecosystem (based on www.kasssa.com service)
- Cyprus is an attractive investment destination
BLOCKCHAIN IN FINANCIAL SERVICES.
- CBAR FinTech initiatives: projects & future plans
- Distributed registry technology - panorama of alive projects: New opportunities for applying the technology
- Digital Identity and Consent for Financial Industry
- Masterchain: certified blockchain infrastructure for Finance in Russia
CYBERSECURITY MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER.
- Influence of Coronavirus on Payment System Risk
- Security Governance: from protection and compliance to business value and confidence
- Protection of corporate data in a remote working environment
- Why is cybersecurity important? Secure protection with eye of the enemy platform
REGULATORY FRAMEWORK: TURNING TO TECHNOLOGY.
- Mitigating risks and building opportunities for Fintech through Regulatory Sandbox
- Using technology to standardize and automate financial crime risk analysis
- Technological Challenges: rule vs principal based regulation
- Role of the regulator in innovation: Legal Aspects
- Regulatory approach to fintech activities in Azerbaijan
- Modern banking fintech solution for asset monitoring
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: EVER CHANGING WORLD OF BANKING AND FINTECHS.